The high-performance version of Ford Motor Co.'s U.S.-built Cougar that was unveiled at the Frankfurt auto show earlier this month and bound for the European market next year tentatively is expected to go on sale in the U.S. in March. Powering the European Cougar ST200 is the 200-hp 2.5L Duratec V-6 engine already available in the U.S. in the Contour SVT and in Europe in the Mondeo ST200. It takes the Cougar to a top speed of 143 mph and enables the car to hit 62 mph from a standstill in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"High-Performance Cougar U.S.-Bound" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.