Low-cost vehicles represent “an unprecedented opportunity” for auto makers to make an impact on emerging markets, says PricewaterhouseCoopers’ automotive institute. Countries such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Pakistan, Columbia and Egypt represent “the next tier of growth markets,” according to a research note published by the consultancy. Low-cost vehicles are a natural fit in these places because their prices fall below historic market entry levels. Globally, low-cost vehicles are expected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"High Time for Low-Cost Cars, Consultancy Claims" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.