The small car platforms being jointly developed by DaimlerChrysler AG and Mitsubishi Motors Corp. are expected to yield about 1.35 million vehicles annually, providing economies of scale without compromising the brands, says DC Chairman Juergen Schrempp. Schrempp provides the breakdown in releasing the car maker’s financial results for the year 2001. Engineers from DC and Mitsubishi are working on three separate platforms. The common design base for a small car in the B segment, to be used ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"High Yields Expected from DC Common Platforms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.