MUMBAI – Hindustan Motors Ltd., maker of the aging Ambassador car, is sinking deeper into red ink. But it is fighting for survival with financial and organizational restructuring and product diversification. Aging Hindustan Ambassador. Last fiscal year HM revenues fell 19% to $162 million and losses increased threefold to $18 million. This year’s fiscal first-quarter loss was $5.76 million and the second-quarter loss was $11.1 million. Much of the problem is that the auto maker’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hindustan Motors Devises Aggressive Survival Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.