MUMBAI – Hindustan Motors Ltd. (HM) is developing a new survival and growth strategy through financial and business restructuring. The auto maker is spinning off its engine and transmission business into a global joint venture, focusing on doubling its Lancer sales this year and using its 730 acres (295 ha) of surplus land for real estate development. Entry level 1.6L Lancer LX will have lower price. HM’s Pithampur powerplant division makes engines and transmissions for Ford India ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hindustan Motors Spins Off Components Into JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.