Japanese truck maker Hino Motors Ltd. will build trucks in the U.S. for the first time at its U.S. TABC Inc. manufacturing plant, affiliated with Toyota Motor Corp. Hino will produce medium-size commercial panel trucks at the Long Beach, CA, plant for sale in the North American market. Production will begin in 2004 in an existing area of the 30-year-old facility, with Hino investing about $3 million to install equipment. It is the first time a full vehicle will be built at TABC.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hino to Build Truck at U.S. Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.