Hino Motors Ltd. and Isuzu Motors Ltd. announce the formation of J-Bus Ltd., a holding company that will take over control of the two manufacturers’ bus operations effective Oct. 1. Hino Auto Body Ltd. and Isuzu Bus Mfg. Co. Ltd. each will hold a 50% stake in J-Bus. Capital investment will be ¥1.9 billion ($17.3 million). J-Bus headquarters will be located in Tokyo, and there will be two manufacturing sites in Komatsu and Utsunomiya, Japan, controlled by the new JV operation.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hino, Isuzu to Merge Bus Businesses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.