TROY, MI ‚Äď Magna International Inc. remains committed to expanding its vehicle assembly business despite the pending expiry of key contracts in Europe, says Mark Hogan, the supplier‚Äôs president. Magna is in talks with BMW AG and several other manufacturers to replace volume the supplier is scheduled to lose in 2010, when BMW X3 production moves to the auto maker‚Äôs plant in Spartanburg, SC, from Magna‚Äôs site in Graz, Austria, says Hogan. Currently X3 accounts for 45% of the capacity at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hogan Bullish on Magna‚Äôs Assembly Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.