MELBOURNE – One of Australia’s top-selling auto makers, Holden Ltd., is looking to parent General Motors Corp. to pad its too-small stable of SUVs, as the segment gains ground in this sizzling market. Holden Managing Director Denny Mooney says his unit is contributing cars, and soon engines, to GM and now is the time for GM to return the favor. GMC Envoy Holden is providing engineering expertise for GM’s upcoming Zeta rear- and all-wheel-drive platform and exports its Monaro sports ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Holden Looking to GM for More SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.