CANBERRA – General Motors Corp’s Holden Ltd. subsidiary narrowly outsells long-time market-leader Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. in February. Their sales battle pushed the market to 81,009 units and a record for the month. February’s result was up 5,132 vehicles, or 6.8%, vs. like-2004. Figures released by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries show Holden delivered 15,193 vehicles in February – just 63 units ahead of Toyota – while Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. placed third ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Holden Overtakes Toyota for Oz February Sales Lead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.