More than 60% of ’04 Honda and Acura vehicles meet the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 2-Bin 5 emissions requirements, says American Honda Motor Co. Inc. Honda has achieved this well ahead of the phase-in schedule set forth by the EPA, making it the self-professed industry leader in reaching these targets. To achieve Tier 2-Bin 5 classification, a vehicle must reduce oxide of nitrogen emissions by 75% from preexisting levels.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Ahead of EPA Reduction Schedule" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.