WASHINGTON, D.C. – Although the outgoing Honda Civic appears similar to the all-new ’12 model, on sale now in the U.S., the differences are considerable. “We want our customers to feel proud to own this ninth-generation Civic,” chief engineer Mitsuru Horikoshi says at a recent ’12 Civic media event here. With the Civic sedan, best-seller of all Civic variants, Honda engineers worked under a “man maximum, machine minimum” directive. Its interior, from the dash to the back of the rear ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Boosts Safety, Fuel Economy of New Civic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.