Honda Precision Parts of Georgia LLC breaks ground on a new $100 million transmission plant in Tallapoosa, GA, moving up the launch date of the facility from fall 2006 to spring 2006. The 250,000-sq. ft. (23,225-sq. m) transmission assembly plant will employ approximately 400 and assemble some 300,000 5-speed automatic transmissions annually for initial use in Odyssey minivans and Pilot cross/utility vehicles, which are built at Honda's Lincoln, AL, vehicle assembly plant. (See related ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Breaks Ground on Georgia Transmission Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.