Honda Motor Co. Ltd. plans to build a transmission and parts manufacturing facility in China. The Honda Auto Parts Mfg. Co. will invest $90 million in the plant, to be located in Guangdong province. The facility is expected to be operational by spring 2007, with output forecast at 240,000 parts annually. The plant will supply Honda’s three joint ventures in China. The transmission plant will be Honda’s fourth outside of Japan. It currently has two in the U.S. and one in Indonesia.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Build Transmission Plant in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.