DETROIT – Encouraging mass transit and car pooling hardly is a goal of most auto makers, but Honda Motor Co. Ltd., the most openly environmental of car companies, is embracing the concept. American Honda Motor Co. Inc. last week announced it is purchasing an 18.4% stake in Mobility Inc., a car-share program that operates under the name "Flexcar" in several U.S. metropolitan areas (see related story: Honda Experiments With Car-Sharing). Flexcar, headquartered in Seattle, provides members ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Buys Stake in Car-Sharing Company" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.