TOKYO â€“ Enthusiastic is too mild a word to describe Guangzhou Honda Automotive Co. Ltd. President Koji Kadowaki's attitude toward prospects in China. "The Chinese automotive market is developing so fast that, even though we recently doubled capacity again, we still can't meet all the demand," he says in an interview with Ward's, explaining the company already has 40,000 back orders for the compact Fit introduced in China in September. Capacity ramps up to 240,000 units at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Canâ€™t Meet Chinese Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.