Honda Motor Co. Ltd. will consolidate production of its City subcompact in Thailand by 2004. The Nihon Keizai Shimbun says production of the vehicle will be ending in Indonesia and the Philippines, while output is increased in Thailand to 120,000 units annually from 70,000. The report also says Southeast Asian production of three to four other models, possibly including the Accord and Civic, also may be consolidated.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Consolidating Production in Southeast Asia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.