Honda Motor Co. Ltd. and China’s Dongfeng Motor Corp. form a 50-50 joint venture to produce the Honda CR-V cross/utility vehicle in the central Chinese city of Wuhan. The venture, dubbed Dongfeng Honda Motor (Wuhan) Co., is expected to begin production in the first half of 2004 via a refurbished facility. The renovation is expected to cost $44 million with annual output pegged at 30,000 units. Dongfeng currently builds engines for Honda’s locally assembled Accord sedan and Odyssey minivans.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda, Dongfeng Form JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.