AsianMotor Co. Ltd. will open a new 1.279 billion baht ($34 million) body spare parts manufacturing facility in Thailand, starting production in June 2007 and employing 200.
says the new plant, to be located in Rojana Industrial Park, Ayutthaya province, will serve the needs of the “rapidly growing” Asian automobile markets. The new facility will make spare parts for the Honda CR-V small cross/utility vehicle and Honda Jazz/Fit subcompact car sold in Asia-Oceania countries, as well as in Europe and Japan.
Asian Honda will own 80% of the plant, while parent Honda Motor Co. Ltd. will hold the remaining 20%.
Honda’s automobile and supplier plants in individual Asia-Oceania countries previously produced body spare parts, the auto maker says. Consolidating parts production into one plant will ensure higher quality, cut costs and improve logistics, Honda says.