DETROIT – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. is eyeing bringing something smaller than the Civic – either a hatchback or a small van – to the U.S. to appease young consumers, says Tom Elliott, executive vice president-auto sales operations at American Honda Motor Co. Inc. Options include a 5-door vehicle not unlike the Honda Stream small van or the Fit small car, both available in Japan. Elliott acknowledges that the Stream, as is, wouldn’t work for the U.S. market, but a repackaging and marketing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Eyes Subcompact Entries" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.