Honda Motor Co. Ltd. is establishing a new plant in China that will build small cars for the export market. The plant – part of Honda’s 3-year business plan announced by President Hiroyuki Yoshino in mid-July – would be a joint venture with Guangzhou Auto Group Corp., with which Honda already collaborates, and Dongfeng Automotive Group. Slated to begin production by the end of 2004, it would be located in south China’s Guangzhou city, near Honda’s existing plant that currently builds the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Finalizes Chinese Small-Car Venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.