BOSTON â€“ When it debuted in the U.S. in June 1976, Honda Motor Co. Ltd.â€™s Accord came in just one flavor: a 3-door hatchback. A sedan was added to the lineup in 1979, and over the next two decades the Accord grew in size and weight. Now with the eighth generation set to go on sale in the U.S. next month, Honda expects cumulative Accord sales to reach 10 million units by yearâ€™s end. â€śIn the 1980s, the Accord changed the expectations of the customer and, by necessity, the direction of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Focuses on Sport, Luxury to Push â€™08 Accord Past Competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.