NEW YORK – Adding a front-wheel-drive model to the Acura RDX lineup has sparked U.S. sales of the cross/utility vehicle, a top American Honda Motor Co. Inc. official says. “The shot-in-the-arm we had this year was introducing (FWD) – that has been a real lift for us,” John Mendel, executive vice president-American Honda, tells media in a recent roundtable interview here. The RDX previously was available only with all-wheel drive, which limited demand in warm-weather locales, Mendel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda: FWD Boosting Acura RDX Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.