American Honda Motor Co. Inc. plans to build an automobile manufacturing and engine facility in Lincoln, AL, 40 miles east of the capital city of Birmingham. The plant, located on a 1,350-acre tract, will produce Odyssey minivans and/or large-size sport/utility vehicles, depending on market demand, starting in spring 2002. The facility also will be capable of producing passenger cars. The 1.7 million-sq.-ft-plant will employ 1,500 workers when it reaches full capacity of 120,000 vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Heads for Alabama" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.