DETROIT – Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s new Accord hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) will be profitable, vows President and CEO Takeo Fukui, who hints a hybrid light truck could be in the company’s future. Fukui made his remarks here at a press conference following a Detroit Economic Club luncheon. (See related story: Honda Launching Hybrid Accord) Honda Accord Hybrid The HEV version of Honda’s top-selling passenger car is scheduled to launch this fall in the U.S., joining the Civic and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda High on Accord Hybrid; Considering HEV Light Truck" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.