Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says it will begin marketing its Acura luxury brand in Japan in fall 2008. The move to add the luxury channel in its home market follows on the heels of Toyota Motor Corp.’s recent rollout of Lexus in Japan. (See related story: Toyota Gambles on Lexus Sales Appeal ) To make room for Acura, Honda is combining its three existing domestic car sales channels – Primo, Clio and Verno – into one Honda channel. That effort will be completed in March, Honda says. Honda says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Launch Acura Brand in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.