American Honda Motor Co. Inc. says it will be first to the U.S. market with a gasoline/electric hybrid vehicle, when its new '00 model Insight bows in December. Like General Motors Corp.'s electric EV1, the Insight is a 2-seater. Honda estimates it will average more than 70 mpg from its 1L 3-cyl. lean-burn engine and 144-volt nickel metal-hydride battery powered electric motor. The aluminum gasoline engine uses lean-burn technology coupled to new lean burn-compatible NOx (oxides of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Launch Insight in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.