DETROIT – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. will invest ¥450 million ($3.54 million) to begin production of general purpose engines in China next summer with motorcycle joint venture partner China Jialing Industrial Co. Ltd. Honda wants to produce 300,000 engines a year by 2004 on a new production line at Jialing Industrial’s motorcycle manufacturing plant. Honda estimates it will make 20,000 engines in the first-year of production.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Make Engines in China JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.