While a team of 170 employees of Honda Motor Co. Ltd. work out the logistics of ramping up a new facility in Alabama, Mikio Yoshimi, president of Honda Mfg. of Alabama, says there is “no limit” to additional product possibilities there. The $440 million Alabama plant will start with a modest 120,000 Odyssey minivans a year. It falls under Honda's “Start Small” strategy of starting with a low-scale investment and expanding with demand and the experience of the new workforce, says Mr. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda: More Product Possible in Alabama" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.