American Honda Motor Co. Inc. will debut its second-generation Pilot midsize cross/utility vehicle early next year as an â€™09 model, a company official tells Wardâ€™s. The Pilot debuted in the U.S. in June 2002 as an â€™03 model. Honda typically keeps five model years between vehicle generations. As such, many forecasters predicted the new CUV would be designated an â€™08. â€śBecause of the timing on Pilot, it will show up as six model years but itâ€™s not quite,â€ť John Mendel, senior vice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Pilot Due Next Year as â€™09 Model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.