DETROIT – On the heels of unveiling its forthcoming Pilot midsize SUV, American Honda Motor Co. Inc. announces plans to add to its fleet of light trucks with a new cross/utility vehicle (CUV). The new truck, based on the Model X concept first shown at the 2001 North American International Auto Show, targets the male youth market and will be priced at less than $20,000. The lower price point is a critical component to luring drivers to the Honda brand at a young age, Honda says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Plans Production of Model X Concept for 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.