SANTA MONICA, CA – As just one of many entrants in the subcompact market this year, American Honda Motor Co. Inc. knows it has its work cut out in selling its new Fit 5-door. Already a hit in Europe where it is known as the Jazz, and in Japan, where it was the second best-selling car last year, the Fit will be competing in a suddenly hot segment in the U.S., against models due this year from Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. (Yaris) and Nissan North America Inc. (Versa). (See related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Positioning Fit as Premium Subcompact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.