Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says in August it produced its 50 millionth vehicle in its 40-year history of car and truck output. Of the total, Honda says about 33.8 million were built in Japan and 12.6 million in North America. The Civic makes up 15 million of the units, while the Accord accounts for 13 million. Honda built its first 10 million units in 1983, 20 years after it began production of the T360 mini truck and the S500 small sports car. It reached the 40 million mark in 1999.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Produces 50 Millionth Vehicle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.