Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s fiscal first-quarter operating profit is up 6.5% over like-2004 to ¥170.39 billion ($1.5 billion). But like Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. yesterday, Honda is cautioning profitability may be harmed by plans to add more discounts to its U.S. vehicles to keep up with the U.S. Big Three auto makers. “(General Motors Corp.'s) strategy of offering employee discounts to customers has led to an unexpected scale of rises in incentives,” Honda Executive Vice President Satoshi Aoki ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Q1 Operating Profit Up, Net Profit Down" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.