ASHEVILLE, NC – American Honda Motor Co. Inc. expects to sell 80,000 units in the first 12 months of production of its all-new Pilot midsize cross/utility vehicle, which goes on sale June 3. The CUV will be priced at $26,900 for the LX trim level and $29,270 for the EX trim level. More than half of first year sales will carry a transaction price of less than $30,000, officials say. Although the Pilot, will compete with midsize SUVs and CUVs including the Ford Explorer, Chevrolet ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Ready to Take 80K Chunk out of Midsize SUV Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.