Honda Motor Co. Ltd. receives Chinese government approval to establish an export joint venture in the country with Guangzhou Auto Group and Dongfeng Motor Corp. Honda will hold a 65% controlling stake, Guangzhou 25% and Dongfeng 10%. All three will contribute funding for the JV, amounting to $193 million. Production is slated to begin in the second half of 2004, says Reuters. The JV will build small cars with 1L-1.5L engines for export to Asia and Europe. It is the first time China has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Receives Approval for Chinese Export JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.