PARIS â€“ The public will decide next year whether Kenichi Nagahiro, the chief engineer of Honda Research and Development, gets to put a new feather in his engine development cap, but for now, Honda is convinced that he can. Hondaâ€™s first homegrown diesel, the 2.2L CTDi turbodiesel, will be presented at the Frankfurt auto show in September in the European Accord and Accord Tourer station wagon. Kenichi Nagahiro "We gave ourselves a risky challenge, but we know that the European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hondaâ€™s First Homegrown Diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.