Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says its fourth-quarter net earnings plunged 36.5% in the fiscal fourth quarter (ended March 31), a result it blames on unfavorable currency exchange rates and increases in marketing and administrative expenses. The auto maker expects a continued tough environment in the coming fiscal year, in which it forecasts a 16.0% drop in net income. Consolidated net income totaled ¥74.1 billion ($701 million) during the quarter, compared with ¥116.7 billion ($1.1 billion) a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Says Earnings Fell 36.5% in Quarter, More of Same Ahead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.