ROCHESTER, MI – American Honda Motor Co. Inc. is expecting sales of its ’08 Fit subcompact to reach 70,000 units for the model year, an official here tells Ward’s. “We’ve doubled our production on the Fit for this coming year to 70,000 (units),” John Mendel, executive vice president-automobile operations, for American Honda, says here at an Acura media event. Honda builds the Fit, also known as the Jazz, at its Suzuka, Japan, plant for the U.S. A Honda spokesman is unable to provide ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Says Fit Will Hit 70,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.