Honda Motor Co. Ltd. pegs 2015 as the year that real mass production of fuel cell cars will finally become viable. Honda R&D Chief Engineer Yozo Kami tells Bloomberg News that the cost of a fuel cell car needs to come down "by a factor of 100" to be more acceptable to consumers. Honda’s FCX-V4 will be on sale in limited numbers in 2003, It carries a high-pressure hydrogen fuel tank and can travel 196 miles (315 km) at speeds up to 88 mph (140 km/h). Honda and Toyota Motor Corp. will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Says Fuel Cell Cars Coming by 2015" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.