There is more good news coming out of Honda Motor Co. Ltd., which sees profits surge on high sales both at home and in overseas markets. The Japanese auto maker saw third-quarter profits rise 74% year-on-year to record levels for the period. The rise reflects the impact of a weak yen coupled with strong sales. Net income rose to ¥84.4 billion ($637.9 million) for the October-December period, from ¥47.3 billion ($357.5 million) a year earlier. Currency changes reportedly totaled ¥39 billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Sees Successful Third Quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.