Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says it has sold 100,000 hybrid electric vehicles worldwide as of April. The majority of the HEVs, 89,000, were sold in the U.S.; 5,800 units were sold in Japan, 3,800 in Europe and 1,500 in Canada. Honda introduced its first HEV, the Insight, in December 1999, making it the first hybrid to go on sale in the U.S. Civic Hybrid sales began in Japan in December 2001 and in the U.S. in March 2002. The Accord Hybrid debuted in the U.S. market last December, the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Sells 100,000 Hybrids" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.