Honda Motor Co. Ltd. says it will test next year a Honda-made prototype jet airplane powered by a new jet engine also made by Honda. A Honda spokesperson says the new plant and jet engine are part of a wide range of experiments currently taking place at Honda. The new jet engine was designed and built by Honda, and the plane, itself, is a small, carbon-fiber-body personal craft of less than 10 seats. Competitor Toyota Motor Corp. also is known to be eying the burgeoning ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Test In-House Jet Engine, Plane" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.