VIENNA – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. plans to increase significantly sourcing of components from countries outside of Western Europe for its U.K. operations. Currently the turnover share for components purchased in Central and Eastern Europe is about 8%, says Ali Alptekin, division manager-purchasing for Honda of the U.K. Mfg. Ltd. Honda to increase non-Western European sourcing for U.K.-built vehicles. For new models, which will reach the market in 2006, the share of East European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda-U.K. to Increase Purchasing Outside Western Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.