NEW DELHI – Honda Motor Co. Ltd. will double vehicle-making capacity in India to 100,000 units annually by 2010, President and CEO Takeo Fukui revealed last month in outlining a 3-year plan for raising global sales by 23% to 4 million vehicles. Honda's global plans call for significant sales growth in Asia, in particular in China. And the auto maker plans to improve its powertrain technology to sharpen its competitive edge and enlarge its regional coverage to broaden sales. Honda to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Weaves Indian Market Into Global Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.