DETROIT – Honeywell International Inc. is working on two advancements for its next-generation turbochargers that may help boost market acceptance of turbo power in the U.S., says Martin Verschoor, vice president-worldwide technology and engineering. The first, he says, is an electric boosting system that provides thrust on demand. The system, fully integrated with the engine-management system, works to complement both gas-electric hybrids and fuel-cell vehicles. Garrett supplies ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honeywell Works Toward U.S. Turbo Acceptance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.