VIENNA – German supplier Honsel GmbH & Co. KG will begin construction this month on a plant in Slatina, Romania, that will manufacture aluminum cylinder heads for Volkswagen AG. Honsel plans to invest €140 million ($205 million) in the plant, named Honsel S.R.L. Serial production of the cylinder heads is slated to begin by year’s end for Volkswagen’s 2L common-rail diesel engine. The cylinder heads will be shipped from Romania to Audi Hungaria Motor Kft. in Gyor, Hungary, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honsel to Produce Cylinder Heads for VW in Romania" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.