Horton Inc. announces that the first application of its new DriveMaster fan will be on Sterling Trucks' Detroit Diesel Series 60-powered, 350-hp 12.7L A9500. Horton also will supply the fan drive for Sterlings' Cat 3126, Cat 12 and future heavy truck engines. The DriveMaster boasts the industry's best fuel efficiency rating, saving 30 to 90 gallons (106 to 409L) annually, due to minimized drag and a spring engaged, air disengaged design. Horton says this reduces parasitic losses — 0.36 hp ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Horton DriveMaster to cool Sterling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.