Commentary There’s always been an ebb and flow to the retail car business. We feast when our manufacturers come out with winner product in just enough supply to keep margins fat, with just enough volume to make advertising worthwhile. Famine follows as quickly as our manufacturers’ notice our handicaps dropping, yachts lengthening and the bezels on our Rolexes sparkling more than a Las Vegas show girl’s costume. Today, unlike when manufacturers could rely on dealers stepping ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"How Retailing Got Hard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.