General Motors South Africa Managing Director Robert Socia calls the auto maker’s Hummer H3 project “one of the most important milestones in the history of GM in South Africa.” Parent General Motors Corp. announced in March it was investing $76.2 million in its South African facilities to produce the first salable, left-hand-drive H3s, which began rolling off the assembly line this month. The H3 currently is sold in 30 countries. GMSA’s Port Elizabeth facilities will assemble 10,000 H3s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hummer H3 Project Marks Milestone for GMSA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.